When you are looking for a perfect house, you might not find it immediately. It can become a perfect house after you have performed some house renovation. It is a gamble to buy old houses and when you have added the house renovation, things can become tricky. So, before you sign the dotted line here are some of the pros and cons involved in old house renovation.
House renovation pros
1. It is possible to get the old house renovated for a lower price. In case you are looking for a real fixer-upper, you will pay less than you will for a newer home. In case you complete the house renovation by yourself you will save hundreds of dollars in the long run and the property will be a great investment.
2. Old houses have a lot of character. You will have the old woodwork, other intricate detailing in case of moldings, and quirky hardware and light fixtures. Even after completing the renovation, you might be able to keep some of the unique features and at the same time bring the property up-to-date to make it your own.
3. When you are re-building an old house you are aware that these properties were built to last long. Although you may have to update the electrical and plumbing, the structure of the house is likely to remain solid.
House renovation cons
1. Prices for the old home renovation can be steep. Some of the more expensive areas for house renovation are foundation and roof replacement. Other areas that can be expensive are HVAC, plumbing, and electrical. Ensure that you perform a thorough inspection before purchasing anything to be aware of the economic situation.
2. Old houses may harbor some toxins. It is likely that there is a presence of asbestos, lead and the older homes are health hazards if they are not dealt with properly. Getting them removed professionally can cost quite a bit.
3. House renovations can take up a lot of time. As generally, these older homes are not cookie cutters you can expect some nasty surprises during the house renovations. The pricing, planning, and timelines are likely to go haywire and, in most cases, it is not for the better.
If you are looking for home insulation experts for a property in Tampa Bay, Fl area you can contact Done Rite Insulation for expert advice. Although they do not specialize in house renovations, they can certainly help in home insulation.