When you think of Florida, you probably have warm, sunny thoughts. However, the north and central parts of the state have a humid, subtropical climate meaning that they have both rainy and dry seasons. However, heat is prevalent everywhere throughout this state which is why so many homeowners want to know how to keep it out of their homes. Experts say the best way of accomplishing this is by adding some house insulation as this will keep you comfortable in all types of weather.
Understanding Different Types of House Insulation
There are different types of insulation used in homes today. Knowing a little about each of them is important. These include:
- Attic insulation: The two most popular choices here today are batt and loose-fill. Of these two popular choices, your best option is loose-fill if you’re able to find someone who can install it for you. This is because it isn’t only inexpensive, but it also is a great solution for keeping the hot summer sun out of your home since it will cover a wider area in your attic. Even if you do end up having batt insulation installed here, it’s important that you have something done so you can seal out any air leaks.
- Duct insulation: Your home’s ducts are located in unconditioned areas which is why it’s so important for you to seal them up with some good house insulation. If you’re building a new home, make sure you put your ducts in conditioned spaces to cut down on energy loss.
- Ceiling insulation: Properly insulating this area of your home will maintain consistent temperatures throughout your home. When building a new home, you may be advised to use cathedral ceilings for this very reason.
- Exterior wall insulation: Many experts will advise you to use blow-in insulation here as well. This is because the insulation is able to truly deliver when it comes to sealing air out of your home and thus keeping Florida’s heat out as well. Additionally, blow-in insulation is something that you can effortlessly add to your home’s existing exterior walls. Doing so won’t even compromise your home’s aesthetics or functionality one bit. When you’re building a new home or remodeling the one you already own, your walls will be open offering you the prime time and opportunity to use either spray foam or cellulose insulation – both of which are also great options.
- Foundation insulation: Your home’s foundation will increase the amount of moisture that’s trapped inside your home while reducing your ability to control your home’s insulation. This is why it’s so important to have the proper house insulation in place here. For this you will need to hire an insulation professional to help you get the job done correctly.
Knowing everything there is to know about house insulation is impossible for the average homeowner. This is why you should contact Done Rite Insulation and have them help you keep your Florida home cool throughout the year. They truly understand that you want what’s best for both your home and your lifestyle so make sure you contact them today.